For a change this picture was clicked by my son. Seeing me taking food pictures daily he too brings his disney playing camera in which we can take real pictures and can be uploaded. So out his own interest I gave him my camera for a click. It was really good. So coming to the recipe..This is so tasty asusual and crispy. In some place they call this as adai dosa too. Try this..
Raw rice - 1 cup
Toor dhal - 3/4 cup
Cummin seeds - 1/2 tbsp
Red chillies - 4
Asafoetida - 1 tsp
Curry leaves - few
Coconut - 1/4 cup (optional)
Oil for seasoning and making dosas
Mustard - 2 tsp
Curry leaves - few chopped finely
Coriander chopped finely for the batter
1. Soak dhal and rice for few hours and grind with all other ingredients and salt to fine batter.
2. The consistency should be like rawa dosa consistency that is so loose.
3. Then season with mustard and curry leaves, add the chopped coriander.
4. Heat the skillet and pour a ladle full of batter starting the edges in circular way.
5. Since the batter is loose it auomatically fills the middle part , unfilled part just fill it with ladle.
6. Add 1 tsp oil and when it turns slight brown in the edges flip it over and make crisp on other side too. Serve it with onion pickle, coriander pickle or even coconut chutney.
1. For variation you can add drumstick leaves to the batter, or chopped other greens but i have not tried with spinach and methi.
2. Here coconut is optional if we add slightly there will taste difference, even without coconut it tastes so yummy.
3. This dosa batter will be more good next day too.
4. Make these types of batters on friday and you will be free on sat and sun.