Here is simple and colorful delicious Green Peas soup. To serve with soup is sesame twists and cheese crackers which is perfect accompaniment. This is so easy to make and hope you all will enjoy this. Sesame twists recipe is noted from whole foods magazine and with slight twist to the recipe I made the savory crackers out of the same dough which tasted good too. Eat Healthy and Live Healthy !!!!!!!!!!!
Ingredients for Peas Soup :
Green peas - 1 cup
Tomato - 1
Celery - 1/2 stalk
Garlic - 1 pod
Onion - 1/2
Green chilli - 2
Cummin - 1 tsp
Butter - 1 tbsp
Milk - 1/4 cup
Pepper - as needed
Salt as needed
For serving :
Butter,sour cream or Cream can be topped while serving the soup.
1. Heat butter in the kadai add cummin, green chilli, onion , tomato, celery one by one.
2. Add the green peas and water let it boil until it is cooked.
3. Cool, blend it in the blender and strain it.
4. Dilute with milk and water to the desired consistency.
5. Heat it and add pepper and serve.
6. Serve with cream or sour cream or butter.
Ingredients for Sesame Twists/ Savory Crackers :
Wheat flour - 1 1/2 cup
All purpose flour - 1 1/2 cup
Butter - 1 stick
Baking powder - 1 1/2 tbsp
Butter Milk - 1/2 cup
Sugar - 2 tbsp
Salt - 1 tsp
Sesame seeds - 1/4 cup
Mix together for the crackers :
Parmesan cheese - 4 tbsp
Chilli flakes - few
Italian Herbs - few
1. Sieve the flour and baking powder. Add the salt and sugar, add butter milk make like dough. 2.Rub the cold butter into flour mixture with fingertips so that the texture will be like bread crumbs.
1. Same way roll the dough in the flat surface.
2. Cut into desired shapes.
3. Brush with water and sprinkle the cheese mixture. Bake until crisp and cheese is golden brown in color.
For variation sprinkle , sea salt, garlic powder according to your flavour.
You can also use all purpose flour fully instead half and half.
Bake till crisp and enjoy with your favorite soup.
Once again " Wish You all Very Happy New Year ". May this new year bring you happiness, joy, peace and prosperity to you and your family.