>> Monday, November 23, 2009 – Deep fried snacks
Hey all here is the murukku or Jantikalu which you all did for ICC challenge. Its like student submits late homework I was not able to make in time but anyways will try it out all the items and post when time permits for me. Here is the murukku we enjoyed during the festive .......
Raw rice - 4 cups
Urad dhal - 1 cup
Water -1/2 cup
Cummin seeds - 1 tsp
Sesame - 1 tsp
Asafoetida - 1/2 tsp
Salt - to taste
Butter - 75 gms
Oil for deep frying
1. Wash the rice , soak for 2 hrs or so then drain rice and shade dry for 1/2 hr of until it has very little moisture. Then powder it.
2. Roast the urad dhal to light brown and powder it.
3. Mix both flours add all other seasoning and butter. Parallely heat oil in the vessel.
4. Divide the powder into 2 equal parts for first part add the water slowly and make softer dough.
5. Put the dough murukku maker press directly over the oil cook over the medium flame, turn over other side till slightly color changes. Drain to the tissue paper. And store in the Air tight container.
For variation I did garlic murukku :
Add (5 pods) garlic paste and chilli powder ( as required)to the flour add water to make dough and continue with the same above procedure.