Hi everyone I am back with the sweet post but this sweet is which I made for diwali. I was very much busy all these days since we were in shifting process. Still nothing is settled. But today my blog needs sweet you know why ?????????????? It has been a year since I started blogging. Yah its my 1st blog anniversary or Birthday to my blog. My first Milestone and I decided to mark it by giving her sweet. But unfortunately not able to prepare any sweets because of unpacked carton boxes, messy house,things scattered here and there and mainly lack of kitchen stuffs.
During this wonderful memorable day I am very much happy to thank all of you who supported and encouraged me a lot through your lovely words and also without your constant support nothing would have happened. I wish the same support from you all throughout and also I got such a wonderful friends from this blogosphere. I am really happy about that. So here is my Sweet for the party......Do join with me to enjoy this wonderful day. Will be soon with more recipes once I finish my diwali treat recipes....
Badam - 100 gms
Cashewnuts - 10 full
Sugar - 300 gms
Milk - 1/2 litre
Ghee - 200 gm
Color - Yellow(Optional)
Saffron - 2 pinch crushed
1. Soak the badam in warm water overnight and peel the skin.
2. Grind it with the milk ,sugar and cashew to coarse paste(not so coarse).
3. Now pour this in heavy bottom vessel and add food color if your using it. Stir it. Once it is slightly thickened add little ghee.
4. Do add the ghee once in a while and keep stirring.
5. At one stage the ghee comes out and it will stop sticking the sides of the vessel.
6. The consistency will be like dosa batter. Now add the saffron mix well and switch of the flame. Cool it and store in airtight container. This taste so good both warm and room temperature.
Enjoy eating halwa !!!!!!!!!