Mint rice yummy fragrant rice...This is so easy to make with very less ingredients and also this does not have any garlic, ginger or any other spice so we can enjoy the full flavour of the mint. Sure everyone will love this.
Mint - 1/2 bunch
Coriander - 1/2 bunch
Green chilli - 3
Onion - 1 chopped
Basmathi rice or raw rice cooked - 1 cup
Lemon juice - 1 tsp
Salt - as required
urad dhal - 1 tsp
1. Wash leaves drain them and keep aside.
2. Now blend mint, coriander, green chilli with salt and lemon.(lemon is added to avoid discoloration)
3. Heat oil in the frying pan add urad dhal then slice onion saute till onions becomes transparent .
4. Now add the blended mixture stir it until all the moisture is absorbed.
5. Now add the cooked rice and salt.
6. Mix well so that they have to blended nicely.
7. Serve with boiled egg, chips or raita.
Adding only mint will have the bitter taste.
I am sending this recipe to the Monthly mingle # 3 Ravishing rice recipes event hosted by Nags of Edible Garden and Meeta of Whatsforlunchhoney.