>> Thursday, April 30, 2009 – Bread Sandwiches
Today I am posting healthy and offcourse so yummy sandwich, sure everyone loves when you try once...
Rajma(red bean) - 1 cup
Ginger - 1/2 inch crushed
Garlic - 1 crushed
Chilli powder - as required
Tomato - 1 medium sized
Onion - 1 chopped finely
Cummin - 1 tsp
Garam masala - 1 tsp
Lemon juice - 1 tsp
salt and oil as requried
Coriander for garnishing and raw onions for topping
Green chutney :
Coriander leaves - 1/4 cup
Mint leaves - 1/4 cup
Roasted cummin powder - 1/2 tsp
small piece ginger
Lemon juice and salt to taste
Grind everything in the blender to smooth paste and store it in container
1. Soak the bean overnight and pressure cook for 3 whistles by adding salt and crushed ginger and garlic to it.
2. Then heat oil in the frying pan season with cummin seeds.
3. Add onion saute till light brown add tomato and fry until they are well mashed.
4. Now add the cooked bean, chilli powder, salt and garam masala.
5. Let them simmer until all the moisture is absorbed , at the end add the lemon and garnish with coriander leaves.
6. This can be served with roti too.
Arranging the sandwich :
1. Apply the green chutney to one bread and tomato sauce to another bread.
2. In the middle of both breads keep the bean mixture and raw onions.
3. Cut and serve.
4. The above method is for closed sandwich.
5. For open sandwich apply the chutney and keep the bean mixture and broil in the oven until bread is crispy then top it with raw onion and serve.