>> Friday, April 24, 2009 – Indo-Chinese
We had potluck party last week and this was the dish I made for the party. Gobi manchurian everyone favourite dish in which sweet little cauliflower are dipped in the batter and takes oil bath and dressed with yummy sauce. Who dont love this.... here is the recipe how I prepare.
Cauliflower - 1
Ginger + Garlic paste - 1 tbsp
Salt - As required
Pepper - 2 tsp
Cornflour - 1/4 cup
All purpose flour - 1/4 cup
Oil for deep frying.
Making sauce :
Garlic - 3 pods chopped very finely
Green chilli - 2 finely chopped
Soya sauce - 1 1/2 tbsp
Tomato sauce - 1 tbsp
Chilli sauce - 1/2 tbsp
Vinegar - 1/2 tbsp
Cornflour - 1/2 tbsp
Water for mixing cornflour
Salt - as required
For Second frying :
Onions - 1 chopped as large cubes
Capsicum - 1 cubed
Ginger - 1 inch finely chopped
Garlic - 3 pods chopped finely
White pepper - just for taste 1 tsp
1. Seperate cauliflower into medium sized pieces wash and drain.
2. Now mix cornflour, allpurpose flower, ginger+garlic paste salt and pepper with water thicker then dosa batter.
3. Now add the florets in the batter so that they should be well coated. If it is still loose dust again with cornflour.
4. Heat oil for deep frying pan. When oil is ready deep fry them till crisp and drain it in the tissue.
5. Now cauliflower are ready.
Making sauce :
1. Mix all the sauces in a bowl.
2. In frying pan heat 1 tbsp oil and fry the chopped garlic and green chilli.
3. Add the sauces and vinegar saute well.
4. Now mix the cornflour, water and make a paste.
5. Add it to sauce and mix well so that cornflour changes to transparent colour.
6. Keep it aside.
For Second fry :
1. In a wok heat a tbsp of oil and fry chopped ginger and garlic slightly.
2. Now add the chopped onion saute until they are half done, add capsicum saute lightly.
3. Add the prepared sauce and deep fried florets mix well and give a good toss.
4. Sprinkle white pepper powder just for taste and garnish with spring onions.
5. Serve hot with fried rice, noodles or as an appetizer.
1. If you want to make as an dry manchurian omit the 4 and 5 th step in making
2. Mix the sauce and florets only at the time of serving otherwise they becomes soggy.
3. When I prepared for potluck I made sauce and deep fried florets ahead of time.
4. Just before serving I reheated the florets in the oven until crisp and I did the remaining process.
5. Cauliflower can be substituted by mushroom, Vegetable balls, Chicken, paneer, babycorn.
6. Cornflour and water mixture can be adjusted accordingly for making sauce. Depends on how we need it like dry or saucy.