>> Wednesday, April 8, 2009 – Vegetable Gravies
Here is another dish with mushroom. This is fatless creamy mushroom mutter curry which is easy to make and tastes so yummy. This can be served with Rice dishes, Breads, Rotis. So give it a try and let me know your comments.
Button mushroom- 1/2 packet or 15 chopped
Frozen Green peas - Boiled 1 cup
Tomato - 2 chopped
Onion - 1 chopped
Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
Coriander leaves - 1/4 bunch chopped
Milk - 2 cup
Ghee - 1 tsp for topping
Salt to taste
Spice Powders :
Coriander powder - 1 tbsp
Cummin powder - 1/4 tbsp
Garam masala - 1/4 tsp
Chilli powder - As required
Pepper powder - As requried
Saunf powder - 1/4 tsp
Bengal gram dhal + Urad dhal each 1/4 tbsp - Fried in a dry pan and powder it
1. Heat oil in a frying pan. Add saunf powder in hot oil and then add onion. Saute till golden brown.
2. Now add the Ginger garlic paste saute till aroma disappears.
3. Now add the tomato and fry them until they are mushy. Add all the powders one by one except pepper and dhal powders.
4. Saute well and now add mushroom. Mushroom oozes out water, let them come out and absorbed again.
5. Now add green peas and milk. Dont add water. As soon as the milk is added stir well to avoid curdling. Now add pepper, dhal powder(mix with tbsp of water and add to avoid lumps) and salt. Let it cook well and gravy get thickens.
6. Now garnish with chopped coriander and add ghee atlast in the top of the gravy.
1. Mushroom can also be substituted by cauliflower or baby corn.
2. Microwave cauliflower or Baby corn for 4 minutes and can be added to tomato mixture.
3.Simmer the flame when adding milk to the tomato mixture.
4. If milk measurement which I have given is not enough add more milk or water and adjust to the desired consistency.