Here is another adai variety which is bumped up with good amount of protein and carbohydrate. So this serves as a full meal. For those who are not familiar with adai you can see my moong dhal adai post for brief description. Coming to recipe ....
Raw rice (pacharisi) - 1/2 cup
Boiled rice (Idli rice) - 1/2 cup
Toor dhal- 1/2 cup
Channa dhal(Bengal gram dhal) - 1/4 cup
Moong dhal - 1/4 cup
Urad dhal - 1 spoon
Spring onions - chopped 1 bunch
Coconut - 2 tbsp
Red chilli - 5
Cummin - 2 tsp
Curry leaves - few
Asafoetida - 1 tsp
Pepper - 1 tsp
Salt - As required
1. Wash dhal and rice separately and soak it in water for 2 hrs.
2. Grind them with all other ingredients except spring onion.
3. Grind them not too coarsely and not too fine.
4. To this add the chopped spring onion.
5. Batter can be used immediately for making adai or even tastes great next day too.
4. In a hot skillet pour one ladle full of batter and spread like a pancake or thick crepes.
5. Put tsp of oil and turn to other side. It should be done until you get crisp on the edges.
6. Serve with tsp of ghee or butter on top with spicy onion chutney,garlic chutney,Tomato chutney or coconut chutney.
For variation you can either add mint, coriander, Shredded vegetables, Grated Bottle guard, Drumstick leaves instead of spring onion. Since its tough to get Drumstick leaves I often use spring onion.