It is perfect dish for garlic lovers. I often make this when I have leftover rice but it is not hard and fast rule that you have to use only leftovers. Just cook rice cool it and can be used for this preparation.
Cooked rice - 1 cup
Garlic pods - 15
Pepper powder - as required
Curry leaves - 2 springs full
Urad dhal - 2 tsp
Salt - as required
Ghee - 1 tbsp
Oil - 1 tbsp
1. Heat oil and ghee in the frying pan.
2. Slice the garlic into small pieces.
3. Add the urad dhal to the hot oil then add curry leaves so that they get crisp.
4. Now add the garlic pods and saute till light brown .
5. Add rice, salt and pepper according to your taste and fry them until they are well blended and becomes hot. Yummy Garlic rice is ready to serve.