Sprouting grains increases the contents of total proteins, fat, certain essential amino acids, total sugars etc. This salad is so nutritious and tastes so good as it contains sprouts, vegetables and touch of ginger and lemon. They are really bumped up with lot of vitamins, Minerals, fibre etc. So try it and let me know the outcome.
Sprouted Mung bean - 1 cup
Carrots - 1/4 cup shredded or finely chopped
Cucumber - 1/4 cup fined cubed
Cabbage - 1/4 cup finely sliced
Ginger - small piece
Green chilli - 1
lemon - 1/2
coriander leaves - few
Coconut shredded - 1/2 tbsp (optional)
Asafoetida - 1 pinch
oil - 1 tsp
1. Heat the oil in a frying pan. Crush ginger and chilli or make paste.
2. Add the mustard seeds and once it splutters add ginger and chilli paste, asafoetida and curry leaves too.
3. Then add the sprouts sprinkle some water and close the lid so that the sprouts are cooked slightly.
4.Once moisture is absorbed add carrots and cabbage mix well and put off the fire immediately.
5. Now add cucumber, coconut, squeeze the lemon and salt.
6. Toss everything together and garnish with coriander.
7. It taste so yummy.