A good dish for the corn lovers. This tastes so delish and it can be served as an starters or even as an full meal. Here I have used Multi grain bread but this can be done in any breads. Corn kernels with mild sauce and cheese is so yummm....... here is the recipe.
Corn kernels - 1 tin or cooked kernel 1 1/2 cup
Onions - 1/2 cup
Chilli sauce - 1 tbsp
Tomato sauce - 1 tbsp
Pepper - little
Salt - for taste
Mozzarella cheese - for topping
For making white sauce :
Butter - 2 tbsp or Olive oil - 2 tbsp (If calorie you are conscious)
All purpose flour - 2 tbsp
Milk - 1/2 cup
For garnishing - coriander
1. First to make white sauce heat butter or olive oil in frying pan.
2. Add the flour. Cook over low heat, stirring, for 4 to 5 minutes. Cooking for this length of time will minimize 'flour' taste.
3. Add milk and whisk constantly so that lumps is not be formed.
4. When it starts thickening add the salt and pepper.
5. Now to this add cooked or tin corn, Onions pepper and salt.
6. Mix two sauces in the bowl.
7. Apply sauce to every slice and and put the corn mixture on the top.
8. Broil in the oven until cheese turns slight brown on the top.
9. Serve as starter or as a meal with soup and salad.
1. You can add minced green chilli to corn mixture to make it spicy.
2. Add garlic to white sauce if you are garlic lover.
3. Can add chopped coriander or any herbs in the corn mixture too.