>> Saturday, October 30, 2010 – Fall recipe, Halloween treats, Muffin, Pumkin Puree, Pumpkin cupcake, Pumpkin muffin, Streusel topping, Trick or Treat, Trick-or-treat
Halloween (or Hallowe’en ... but also known as Samhain, Summer’s End, All Hallow’s Eve, Witches Night, Lamswool, and Snap-Apple), is a holiday that's celebrated annually on the night of October 31. It's celebrated in a variety of ways and activities including trick-or-treating, ghost tours, bonfires, costume parties, "haunted house" tours, carving pumpkins (Jack-o'-lanterns) and reading / watching scary stories / movies. Here the children enjoy so much wearing the Halloween costumes, trick-or-treating. So I thought this would be the right time to post my pumpkin muffins as a Halloween treat, as well as for this wonderful fall season. By seeing pumpkin everywhere I am so much tempted to bake pumpkin muffin. Pumpkin muffins with cream cheese topping or with streusel topping are so so delicious and you will not stop eating with just one. So here is soft, moist and yummilicious pumpkin muffins with crunchy streusel topping.
Happy Halloween !!!
Yields - 12 to 13 normal size muffins.
Pumpkin puree - 1 can (15oz)
Vanilla Essence - 1/2 tbsp
All purpose Flour - 1 1/2 Cups
Baking Powder - 1 tsp
Baking Soda - 1/2 tsp
Vegetable oil - 1/3 Cup
Eggs - 2 large
Brown sugar - 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp
White sugar - 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp
Cinnamon - 3/4 tsp
Nutmeg - a pinch
Salt - 2 pinch
Streusel Topping :
All-purpose flour - 1/4 cup
Sugar - 2 1/2 tbsp
Walnut or Pecans - Just handful of chopped finely
Uunsalted butter in room temperature - 1 1/2 tablespoons
Cinnamon - 1/4 tsp
1.Mix Softened butter and sugar well.
2.Now add all other ingredients and mix well. But don't over mix it.
3.It should have the texture of bread crumbs.
Method for Pumpkin Muffin :
1. Whisk egg, sugar, Vegetable oil in a bowl.
2. Sieve all the dry ingredients.
3. Now gradually add all the dry ingredients to wet ingredient. Mix until everything is well combined.
4. Divide the batter in the lined muffin pans equally. (2/3 full in each Muffin cups)
5. Sprinkle the streusel mixture above the scoped batter.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until the streusel topping is slightly browned. You can also check by inserting toothpick.
1. I love to have this warm.. It tastes so so good as soon as out of the oven. Very moist and fluffy inside and crunchy on the top.
2. You can store it and have warm when needed.