Hope everyone had wonderful Dassara celebration. The recipe which I am posting today is truly tongue tickling one; yes it is Raw Mango rice, Maangai sadham or Mamidikaya Annam. I know there are so many Mango and Raw Mango lovers out there; if you are one then surely you gonna like this too. We make 2 versions of Mango rice. One is just season; add grated mango and then by adding cooked rice. This is another version which my mom and grand mom used to do, it tastes so so delicious. The Mango gojju can be prepared ahead of time and it can be stored in fridge for at least 20 days. The gojju can be used by mixing it with cooked rice whenever needed. The most important thing in this preparation is the quality of raw Mango. The raw mango has to be really sour, so it purely depends on the Mango taste. If the raw Mango has wonderful aroma and sourness then you can go ahead and try this.....
RAW MANGO RICE / MAANGAI SADHAM / MAAMIDIKAYA ANNAM
Raw Mango - 2 peel the skin and cut to big cubes
Cummin seeds - 2 tsp
Red chillies - 12
Asafoetida - 1/2 tsp
Turmeric - 1/2 tsp
Jaggery - 3 tbsp ( Adjust this according to your taste or sourness of Mango)
Gingelly oil - 1/4 cup
Mustard - 1 tsp
Urad dhal - 2 tsp
Bengal gram dhal - 2 tsp
Curry leaves - few
Coriander for garnishing
Cooked rice - 1 cup
Salt as needed
Accompaniment - Any vadagams, Potato chips or any sundal
1. First powder the cummin seeds with redchillies along with turmeric and asafoetida.
2. Now add the Mango pieces and grind it to very fine coarse paste adding little salt and water as needed. ( The paste to be little loose)
3. Now heat the gingelly oil in the deep pan.
4. Add mustard once it splutters, add the dhals and curry leaves.
5. Once the dhals are slight brown in color add the ground paste, put of the flame in medium.
6. Mix everything well and when it starts boiling close with the lid 3/4th otherwise your whole space going to be messy.
7. When the moisture is little absorbed add the jaggery and required salt. Mix everything well.
8. Now the mixture oozes out oil . At this stage put of the flame and remove from heat.
9. Once it is cooled store in clean bottle and put it in the fridge.
FOR MIXING RICE
1. Take the cooked rice in the broad vessel, add the gojju as needed( this depends how spicy or taste you want), add salt , little gingelly oil and salt for rice.
2. Mix everything well. Once everything is well blended garnish with coriander leaves.
3. Tongue tickling Mango rice is ready to serve with vadams or chips.
1. You can add the boiled black channa( boil it with little salt). Mix it with rice. It makes so tasty as well as healthy.