>> Thursday, May 9, 2013 – Banana walnut Muffin, eggless, Eggless Muffin, Granola, granola muffin, granola quick bread, granola recipes, healthy muffin, homemade granola, vegan granola, vegan muffin, walnut muffin, whole wheat muffin
The fresh aroma of the home made granola is great and it feels satisfying to eat the granola made by you at home. Everybody loves Muffins for breakfast or as a snack, the only thing is about the calorie part of it. So here is whole wheat muffin with the home made Granola. Its healthy and absolutely "NO BUTTER” and "NO EGG " in this muffin. Muffin made with whole wheat flour is healthy; it’s a great way to eat everyday without guilt. This whole wheat muffin has nutty taste, the texture is not too dense and it will be absolutely moist even after two days. It is best for breakfast or a midday snack. Topping the muffin with home made granola or nuts add a lot of taste and crunch to the muffin.
If you are interested in trying out this recipe do read the notes for variation, as in this recipe adding nuts, fruits etc are endless. You can make the muffin the way you like. Most importantly I have added one secret ingredient Cornflour which gives nice texture to this muffin. I hope you will try it out and enjoy as much as we enjoy them. This is my foolproof recipe for healthy muffin. You can also make this vegan just by substituting buttermilk with some sour juices. Even if you do not have Granola you can make this muffin, see my notes for substitutions.
When I posted the picture on my facebook page, lot of friends asked for this recipe. Here you
Whole wheat flour - 2 cups (You can also use regular atta that we use to make for chapatti)
Corn flour - 2 tbsp
Brown Sugar - 3/4 cup
Oil - 1/3 cup (Usually I use mixture of coconut oil + any flavorless oil)
Baking powder - 1 tsp
Baking soda - 1/2 tsp
Cinnamon powder - 3/4 tsp
Vanilla extract - 1 tsp
Salt - 3/4 tsp
Butter milk - 1 1/2 cup
Homemade granola - 1 cup + few for topping (you can also use store bought granola)
Walnuts - 1/4 cup chopped
1. Take wheat flour in a bowl remove 2 tbsp of flour and add 2 tbsp of Cornflour into that. Whisk it till they are mixed well.
2. Whisk together all of the dry ingredients, including the granola in the same bowl.
3. In a bowl, whisk together all the liquid ingredients including brown sugar.
4. Pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients, stirring just to combine. Do not over mix it.
5. Put the big scoop of the batter into the prepared muffin cups nearly full.
6. Sprinkle the top of the muffins with granola or any nuts or dry fruits of your choice.
7. In the preheated 375 F oven bake the muffins for 16 to 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle muffins comes out clean.
8. This yields about 11 to 12 muffins of regular size. Since I made little bigger it gave 8 muffins and the baking time was about 20 minutes.
9. Remove the muffins from the oven and transfer them to the cooling rack. Serve warm or at room temperature with glass of milk.
1. If you want to make a vegan muffins just substitute the buttermilk with orange juice or any other fruit juices which are little sour.
2. You can add any nuts of your choice or even dried coconut too.
3. If you do not have granola you can also add toasted oats + nuts+ dried fruits combination which measures 1 cup.
4. Since my home made granola already has sugar I have added 3/4 cup of brown sugar, but if you are following the 3rd step of my notes increase the sugar to 1 cup.
5. You may need to add couple of tbsp of water to the batter if it is too thick as this depends on the quality of the flour we use.
6. You can also add chopped apple, banana to the batter if you want.