Here I have used whole wheat pasta which is more nutritious than enriched white flour pasta. Another ingredient is broccoli whis is very nutritious contains huge amount of vitamin c, folate everything. This is similar to mac and cheese recipe since I had broccoli in my fridge I just added with pasta which tasted so good everyone loved it. So this is how I made.
Pasta - 1 cup
Broccoli florets - 10 to 15
Milk - 1 cup
Butter - 1 tbsp
Olive oil - 1 tbsp
Garlic - 2 pods finely chopped
Cheddar cheese - 1/4 cup grated
Pepper - few
Mixed Italian herbs - few
Nut meg - 1/4 tsp
Basil, Red chilli flakes, parmesan cheese for garnishing.
1. Bring water in pot for boiling pasta season with salt and cook pasta.
2. Blanch broccoli in hot water, remove it and drain.
3. For making white sauce, heat butter and olive oil in the frying pan once the butter is melted.
5. Add the chopped garlic and saute for few seconds.
5. Add the flour and mix it so that raw smell disappears and color of flour slightly changes.
6. Now pour the milk and whisk immediately well to avoid lumps.
7. Cook for some time by adding salt, nutmeg, herbs and Pepper.
8. When it starts thickening add cheddar cheese and let it cook for some time , stir it constantly.
9. Now to this add the cooked pasta and broccoli mix well and garnish with red chilli flakes, basil and parmesan cheese.
10. Kids will sure love it offcourse we too....Enjoy.
1. Since we areusing more cheese I reduced the amout of butter in making white sauce and added olive oil.
2.Parmesan cheese is optional.
3. Instead of broccoli we can use green peas too.