>> Thursday, April 23, 2009 – Desserts
Cream caramel, flan or caramel custard is a rich custard dessert with a layer of soft caramel on top. It is mouth melting dessert and so creamy. Just wanted to share with you all. The recipe goes like this. Hope everyone enjoys !!!!!!!!
Milk - 3 cups
Egg - 4
Sugar - 3/4 cup
Vanilla extract - 2 tsp
Sugar - 5 tbsp
Water - 2 tbsp
1. Melt 5 tbsp sugar with 2 tbsp water in a small heavy skillet constantly.
2. The sugar melts and changes colour to light brown as seen in the picture.
3. Immediately pour them in the prepared custard cups or any oven safe mould.
4. Rotate it evenly as soon as you pour them in cups so that it spreads evenly and forms coating at the bottom of the mould.
5.Keep it aside.
6. Now whisk the eggs briskly and let it be aside.
7. Now boil the milk and when it comes to boil switch off the flame.
8. Add the sugar, eggs and vanilla extract and whisk briskly till well blended.
9. Pour the mixture in the prepared moulds.
10. Now pour hot water into large baking pan to the depth of about 1 inch.
11. Now set the custard cups in the shallow pan and bake it for 45 minutes in 325 degree preheated oven.
12. Remove it when custard is set or insert a knife in the centre of the custard if you see the clean knife it is ready to remove from the oven.
13.Refridgerate for atleast 6 to 8 hrs.
14. You can unmould them by running a thin knife around the sides of mould to loosen them.
15.Now invert it in serving dish or plate and they can be served as sliced wedges with whipped cream or icecream topping.
1. When making custard sugar can be substituted by condensed milk too it gives rich and creaminess to the custard.