>> Monday, June 1, 2009 – Vegetable Dry Curries
This is so healthy because it has both beets and greens, You can either use greens of the beets or any other greens like drumstick leaves, Amaranth or spinach whatever you have in the fridge. So delicious and goes with roti, rice, rasam, Steamed hot rice, anything. Here comes the recipe...
Beets - 2 cups
Greens of beets or another greens - washed and chopped 2 cups
Onion - 1/2 cup
Mustard - 2 tsp
Urad dhal - 2 tsp
Tamarind pulp - 1 tbsp (optional)
Salt and oil
For grinding :
Coconut scrapped - 2 tbsp
Garlic big - 1 pod
Red chilli - 2 or as required
1. Cook beets in microwave or in the vessel by adding water so that beets has to immersed 3/4 th. Once all the water is absorbed it will be cooked. keep it aside.
2. Heat the oil in the frying pan add mustard and urad dhal.
3. Add the onion and saute till light brown meanwhile dry powder those grinding ingredients in the blender.
4. Now add the beets and greens in the pan and that coconut garlic powder with that tamarind pulp.
5. Add salt, saute and close with lid 3/4 th , stir once in a while until the greens are cooked well.
6. Serve with hot steamed rice and dhal or roti.
1. Beets can also be substituted by carrot and as well as potato.
2. Tamarind is optional , add it according to ur sourness level.