Coriander rice is our favorite one which I often do. The double fragrance from basmati and coriande is treat to our taste buds. This time I made this coriander rice from the leaves where I picked from the farm, oh my that was really fragrant. I never add any spices to enjoy full flavor of the coriander.. So here is the recipe and picture for your treat...
Basmathi rice - 2 cups
Coriander - 2 bunches washed and drained
Garlic - 1 pod (1 flake)
Onion - 2 sliced
Tomato - 1 small
Coconut - 2 tbsp or 1/2 cup coconut milk
Green chilli - 6 or as required
Water - 3 cups (boiling water)
Salt and oil as required
1. Wash and soak the rice in water for half an hour.
2. Grind the coriander, garlic, coconut and green chilli to fine paste.
3. Heat oil in pressure pan or any vessel in which you do rice varieties.
4. Add the onion and saute till slight brown and add the tomato.
5. Now add the ground paste saute till all the moisture are absorbed. And oil comes out.
6. Now add the measured boiling water and rice check for salt.
7. Close with the lid and keep in low flame for 10 minutes or until all the water is absorbed.
8. Enjoy the lovely green fragrant rice with any veggie raita. For this I made turnip, carrot onion raita since rice has no veggies it can be served like this. Even serve with Boiled eggs.
CARROT TURNIP RAITA :
Yogurt - 1 cup
Carrot - 1 grated
Onion - 1/2 cup finely chopped
Turnip - 1/4 cup finely chopped
Green chilli - 1 sliced
Mix the vegetables with yoghurt add salt and chilli . Mix well and garish with coriander leaves.