Avocado has many nutritional benefits. Avocados are cholesterol- and sodium-free, and more than 50 percent of the fruit’s fat content comes from monounsaturated fats. It contributes nearly 20 beneficial nutrients to the diet. Avocados help assist consumers in meeting a major dietary goal of reducing saturated fat in the diet, when they are consumed in place of saturated-fat containing foods. It is also good for eye health. It has nice creamy texture so can be used in sandwiches, rolls, dips etc. You will not believe when I used this for making chappathi for the first time it came damn soft as if I added like a butter and puffed up so good. So I am regularly using this for making chappathi's. And I have little variation for avocado roti which I will put it in note section for those you really need not have any sidedish except simple raita.
But yesterday I made plain avocado chappathi very well goes with any spicy curry. I made gobi mutter curry for this yesterday it was excellent.. Hope you all have a try and let me know.
Wheat flour - 1 cup
Avocado - 1/2 scooped and mashed
1. Mix flour, mashe avocado and salt together to make a soft dough. Add water little by little only if needed since avocado has the moisture only less amount of water is enough.
2. Knead the dough on a lightly greased surface to make the dough smooth.
3.Set the dough aside and cover with a damp cloth. .
4. Let the dough rest for at least ten minutes or more.
5. Divide the dough into 4 equal parts.
6.Take a ball, press it in dry flour on both sides. Roll into a circle.
7. If the dough sticks to the rolling pin or rolling surface, lightly dust it with dry flour.
8. Heat the skillet . Place the chappathi over skillet. They start puffing with small bubbles now flip over another side press slightly with spatula so that it puffs well again.
9. I never add oil for roasting since it has the buttery texture it comes out so soft and yummy.
GOBI MUTTER MASALA :
Gobi - 2 cups cut to medium sized one
Green peas - 1 cup
Onion - 1 cup chopped finely
Tomato - 1 pureed
Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
Coriander powder - 1/2 tbsp
Cummin powder - 1/4 tsp
Garam masala - 1 tsp
Chilli powder - as required
Cummin seeds - 1 tsp
Kasoori methi - few crushed
coriander leaves for garnishing
Lemon juice - 1/2 tbsp to add at the end
1. Half cook the cauliflowe and peas in microwave or seperately in the vessel.
2. Heat the oil in the frying pan. Add the cummin after it splutters.
3. Add the onion and saute till golden brown.
4. Add the ginger garlic paste and after raw smell disappears add the pureed tomato.
5. Add all other masala powders and saute till oil seperates.
6. Add the cooked veggies and kasoori methi toss well so that everything blends well.
7. check for salt and add lemon juice and garnish with coriander leaves.
8. Serve with hot avocado chappathi.
9. Actually I made this as dry gravy if u need as semi solid add little water and adjust accordingly. Do not make too watery.
variation for masala avocado chappathi add finely chopped onion, coriander leaves, minced green chillies, lemon juice, garlic minced and chilli powder make it as dough and do chappathis. serve with raita.