I know everybody will be confused with the name what is this chappathi, noodles.. whether is chappathi or noodles. Yes it is left over chappathi made like noodles. Absolutely the above picture is chappathi julienned into thin strips and made like chinese vegetable noodles. So healthy with wheat and lovely colored vegetables with loades of vitamins. I am sure nobody can find out it is made of chapathi.. you can surprise them.. When I tried this for first time it was big hit so from that time if I have left over chapathi dough I use to make this. I know this will take time for cutting but do chappathi and when u find leisure time cut with kitchen scissors. Yah cooking is a art right so we need to cut and paste different things ... so Surely ur effort will reflect in your outcome.
For cutting to strips :
Take a chappathi cut to four quaters stack it and cut like thin strips. For each persons atleast you should have a bowl of stripped chappathi. For 3 person you should have 10 chappathi.
Chappathi strips - 3 bowl
Beans - 1/4 cup chop like strips
Carrot- 1/4 cup julienned
Capsicum - 1/4 cup julienned
Cabbage - 1/2 cup stripped
Onion - 1/4 sliced
Garlic - 1 pod grated
Soya sauce - 1 tbsp
Chilli sauce - as required
Vinegar - 2 tsp
Salt , white pepper powder , black pepper - as required
oil for frying
spring onion for garnishing
1. Heat oil in a wok , add the beans first saute well followed by garlic, onion, carrot, capsicum, cabbage.
2. All this has to be done in high flame do not saute for long time because they will loose the crunchiness.
3. Add the chappathi strips and add salt, pepper powders, sauce, vinegar according to ur taste.
4. Toss well and garnish with spring onion.
5.Serve hot with tomato ketchup. Even if u like to add ketchup u can add while tossing. But i like to serve seperately.
1. Make chappathi bit stiff, do not make so soft.
2. Tossing has to done while the time of serving. It takes just 5 minutes.
3. Serve hot..
4. If you do not have the chappathi use multigrain tortillas too for making this.
5. If no vegetables just add only tomato, onion and normal seasonings..i will be posting that version too.