>> Wednesday, June 17, 2009 – Rasam(Chaaru)
Had lot of works yesterday, like cleaning all the picked veggies cleaning the fridge.. oh so tired. SO made this rasam which is our favourite, with simple bhindhi fry. I was just thinking not to post this tomato rasam today because tomato dosa, tomato chappathi again felt like everyone will ask me again tomato....he he. But since this is very tasty one I wanted to share with you all. I bet once you try this it will become your regular dish with your meal.. Even you can have this rasam as a soup too (shorba). Try this and let me know...
Dhal water - 1 1/2 cup
Cook toor dhal in pressure cooker reserve the water for making rasam and dhal u can make sambar, kootu anyother as u like.
Tomato - 1 big(sour tomato is good)
Garlic - 1 pod
Jeera - 1 1/2 tsp
Red chilli - 1
Pepper corns - 1 tsp
Curry leaves - few
coriander for garnishing
Fenu greek seeds - 1 tsp
Red chilli -1
Oil - 1/2 tsp
Ghee - 1/2 tsp
1. Grind the tomato, jeera, peppercorns, curry leaves, garlic to fine paste.
2. Dilute it to the dhal water and adjust the consistency.
3. Let it boil for some time and now season with red chilli and fenugreek uboth using ghee as well as oil.
4. Garnish with coriander leaves.
5.Serve with hot rice, poriyal(koora), and chips or appalam.
1. If tomato is not sour add tbsp of tamarind extract.
2. Dhal water is not there u can even use normal water. But slightly the taste differs still tastes so good.