>> Tuesday, June 23, 2009 – Breakfast, channa dhal dosa, curd dosa, Dosa Varieties, like rawa dosa, perugu dosa, raw rice dosa, spicy dosa, tasty dosa, Tiffins, yogurt dosa
This is another interesting Dosa which we make often at home so crispy and yummy. Adding onion, channa dhal and coriander to this makes more tasty and crunchy in every bite. This is one of our regular dosa we used to do and serve with spicy dhal(kaaram pappu) this is particularly my grandma's combination. So I am following her recipe through my mom. Even you can serve with coconut chutney too the dosa by its own has yummy taste. Read this recipe give it a try and let me know the outcome. My next post is spicy dhal which is used to serve along with curd dosa...
Idli Rice (Boiled rice) - 1 cup
Raw rice (pacharisi) - 1 cup
Fenugreek seeds - 1 tsp
Urad dhal - 1/4 cup
Curd - 1/2 cup
Green chilli - 2
Red chilli -2
Curry leaves few
Cummin seeds - 2 tsp
Asafoetida - 1 tsp
Addition to dosa :
Onion - 1 chopped very finely
Channa dhal - 1/4 cup soaked in water
Coriander leaves - 1/4 bunch chopped finely
Mustard for seasoning
curry leaves few chopped
1. Soak rice and dhal for few hours and grind with all other ingredients and salt to fine batter.
2. Ferment it overnight. The next day.
3. Batter consistency should be like rawa dosa.
4. Add the onion, channa dhal, coriander leaves, Season with mustard and curry leaves. Mix well.
5. Heat the skillet and pour a ladle full of batter starting from the edges in circular way.
6. Since the batter is loose it automatically fills the middle part , unfilled part just fill it with ladle.
7. Add 1 tsp oil, when it turns slight brown in the edges flip it over and make crisp on other side too.
8. Serve it with dhal or chutney.. Serve hot even the dosa will taste good after some time but cannot expect the roast.
1. While making each dosa mix batter well becos the onion and channa dhal will settle at the bottom. Mix well and pour it.
2. I used to do this with iron skillet which is deep in the middle but even u can do it in non stick and make dosas like rawa dosa. Comes out so good.