This dosa is so much packed with full flavour. Once you try this will becomes one of your favourite dosa.. Children's will surely like this for its flavour, crispyness and color.. Try it out.
Raw rice - 1 cup(Soaked in nice warm water) or Idli rice - 1 cup
Tomato - 2 big (Tomato should be sour so select accordingly)
Cummin seeds - 1/2 tbsp
Red chillies - 4
Asafoetida - 1 tsp
Curry leaves - few
Coconut - 1/4 cup
Oil for seasoning and making dosa
If Tomato is not sour add tbsp of Tamarind extract but this gives different taste.
Mustard - 2 tsp
Curry leaves - few chopped finely
Coriander chopped finely for the batter
1. Soak rice for few hours and grind with all other ingredients and salt to fine batter.
2. The consistency should be like rawa dosa consistency that is so loose.
3. Then season with mustard and curry leaves, add the chopped coriander.
4. Heat the skillet and pour a ladle full of batter starting the edges in circular way.
5. Since the batter is loose it auomatically fills the middle part , unfilled part just fill it with ladle.
6. Add 1 tsp oil and cover it with lid , when it turns slight brown in the edges flip it over and make crisp on other side too.
7. Since this dosa itself have good flavour you need not have any accompaniment , but this podi goes well with this one.
Roasted gram dhal podi Ingredients :
Roasted gram dhal - 1/4 cup
Red chilli - 3
Mustard and curry leaves for seasoning
Powder all the above ingredients and season with mustard and curry leaves.
1. Here the Tomato can be substituted with 1 cup of chopped carrot , but for carrot dosa add little tamarind extract. And coconut is optional for this. Both tomato as well as the tastes so so yummy.
2. If you are using the raw rice for grinding ,when you dilute it use warm water.
3. Batter would taste great next day too.