There are many items that we can make out of wheat rawa (broken wheat). This is very very tasty and so healthy. Including whole grains in the daily diet in the form of breakfast items is recommended. Even though we don't have much time for breakfast at least this type of whole grains has to be consumed daily. In this recipe it has grains , vegetables its fully loaded with nutrition and sure its comforting and satisfying meal. Here goes the recipe...
Wheat rawa - 1 cup
Mixed vegetables chopped as cubes - 1 cup (carrot, beans, peas, potato, cauliflower)
Onion - 1 sliced
Tomato - 1 small chopped
Mint leaves - 2 sprigs
Coriander leaves - few for garnishing
Whole spices each 1 - cinnamon,cardamom, cloves
Cummin seeds - 1 tsp
Green chilli - 2 slited
Garam masala - 1 tsp
Ginger+ Garlic paste - 1/2 tbsp
Lemon - 2 tsp
Oil - 4 tbsp
Water - 2 1/2 cups
Salt - as required
Fried cashews for garnishing
1. Heat oil in the pan, Add the cummin seeds and whole spices after it splutters add the sliced onion and chilli.
2. Saute for 2 min then add the ginger garlic paste.
3. After the raw aroma disappears add the vegetables and tomato.
4. Just saute for few seconds add the chopped mint leaves and the garam masala powder.
5. Then add the measured water and add salt to it.
6. when water comes to boil add the wheat rawa and close the lid 3/4 and keep it in low flame.
7. Once all the moisture is absorbed mix well and add the lemon juice.
8. Garnish with cashews and coriander leaves.
9. Serve with raita, I served with spring onion + cucumber raita.
1. Variation in this You can add coriander powder and cummin powder 1 tsp gives different flavor.
2. Even you can add fried raisins it taste good too.
3. One small tip in this is do not fry the vegetables and onion for more time since it is getting cooked with water as well as with wheat makes veggies more soggy. And chop into medium sized pieces it will be crunchy and looks good too.