>> Thursday, May 7, 2009 – Rice Dishes
This is my second version of capsicum rice. Since all colours of capsicum is available in the market I used all colors and if you dont get other colors thats fine too. Coming to the recipe I need not say anything with less ingredients more flavours.. sure it is so easy and tastes so great.
We all love this for beautiful colors and taste.
Basmathi Rice - 1 cup cooked
Red,Yellow,Green and Orange capsicum - Each 1/2 chopped in cubes
Garlic- 2 pod (grate it in grater)
Ginger - 1/2 inch (grated)
Cummin - 2 tsp
Red chilli flakes - 1 tsp or chilli powder according to spice level
Coriander for Garnishing
Oil and salt
1. Heat oil in the frying pan. Splutter cummin.
2. Then add grated ginger, garlic and chilli flakes when it turns very slight brown.
3. Add the capsicums and saute, do not over cook it.
4. Add the boiled rice and salt. Mix until everything blends well.
5. Garnish with coriander and serve hot with raita or gravy.
1. If you are serving with gravy make the rice less spicy.
2. If your are serving with some raitas you can make rice more spicy to according to your level.
I am sending this recipe to MONTHLY MINGLE #33 - RAVISHING RICE RECIPES event hosted by EDIBLE GARDEN AND meetha of WHATSFORLUNCH HONEY.