>> Friday, May 8, 2009 – International food
This Pattie has long list of ingredients but really it is worth the effort and tastes so good too. This is such a flavorful pattie. Its very healthy and has less amount of oil. Surely you will all enjoy once you try it... Happy eating!!
Soya chunks - 1 cup soaked in hot water
Mushroom - 1 cup chopped finely
Onion - 1 small very finely chopped
Celery - 2 sticks very finely chopped
Carrots - 1/4 cup grated
Red capsicum - 1/4 finely chopped
Garlic - 1 pod grated
Pepper - as required
Mixed Italian herb seasoning - 1 tsp
All purpose - 1 tbsp
Italian mixed herb bread crumbs - as needed for binding(Normal bread crumbs also)
oil for shallow fry and frying the vegetable
1. Heat oil in the frying pan add the onion, mushroom, grated garlic.
2. When all the moisture in the mushroom are absorbed add the carrots and celery.
3. Saute for few minutes. Now squeeze the water from the soya chunks nicely.
4. Put it in blender and give it a run so that it becomes like a bread crumbs. keep it aside.
5. Now add the pepper, Italian seasoning, capsicum salt to the vegetable mixture saute well.
6. Add the salt and soya chunks to this and mix well so that everything has to blended well.
7. All the water should be absorbed. Allow it to cool for sometime.
8. Add the all purpose flour and bread crumbs mash all the ingredients and now make big balls and flatten it.
9. Shallow fry the pattie in the pan until all the sides are nicely browned.
Arranging the Burger :
1. Get the hamburger bun, you need one slice onion, tomato, lettuce, mayonnaise, ketchup and offcourse pattie.
2. If you like you can keep pickled gherkins, olive, capers whichever you want.
3. Heat the bun in the preheated oven for few seconds.
4.Arrange like a stack as shown in the picture. Put the mayonnaise and ketchup inner side of each bun.
5. Enjoy with fries and juice. Here I have used frozen fries.