To give the brief introduction about this pachadi it is so easy asusual, no cooking involved except for seasoning, will get ready in just 5 minutes but very tasty, no oil, less ingredients. As coconut is not cooked in this the nutritional benefits are retained and cucumber will reduce the heat. Try this sure everyone will like it ....
Cucumber - very finely chopped (2 cups)
Coconut scrapped - 1 cup
Roasted gram dhal - 1/4 cup
Red chillies - 2
Cummin seeds - 1 tsp
Asafoetida - 1 tsp
Tamarind pulp - 1 tbsp (adjust accordingly)
Mustard - 1 tsp
Urad dhal - 1 tsp
Channa dahl - 1 tsp
Sesame oil for seasoning - 2 tsp
Curry leaves - few
Salt - as required
1. Just put all the ingredients in the blender and grind to coarse paste.
2. Adjust the tamarind and salt as required.
3. The ground consistency should be like chutney.(coarse)
4. Too fine will not be tasty. Mix them with chopped cucumber.
5. Season with mustard, urad dhal and curry leaves.
6. Serve it with rice, raw onions and chips. Yummy !!!!!!!
1. Cucumber can be grated too since we like crunchyness I chop very finely.
2. Cucumber can be substituted by carrots or chayote. Grate them. If ur using chayote just saute in a pan for 2 minutes and add to the pachadi.
3. Cucumber use the english cucumber , salad big cucumber will not be tasty. But in India we can use regular cucumber.
4.4.Even you can add the deep fried ladies finger to tha pachadi it taste so delicious.
>> Tuesday, May 19, 2009 – Kootu/Pachadi or Dhal varieties