Snake guard with toor dhal is yummy and it is perfect combination with steamed rice served with some spicy stir fried vegetable.
Toor dhal - 1/2 cup
Snake guard - cubed 1/2 cup
Mustard - 1 tsp
Urad dhal - 2 tsp
Oil and salt - as required
For grinding :
Coconut - 1 1/2 tbsp
Garlic- 1 pod
Green chilli - 2
1. Pressure cook the dhal with water and turmeric.
2. Boil the vegetables and keep it aside.
3. Add the dhal to the vegetable.
4. Grind the above ingredients to a fine paste.
5. Add the ground one to the dhal and vegetable mixture.
6. Let everything comes to boil stir occasionaly.
7. Season it with mustard, urad and curry leaves.
8. Serve hot with rice and stir fries.
When boiling the vegetable do not add more water as already it is has more water content vegetable it leaves more water.
>> Friday, May 1, 2009 – Kootu/Pachadi or Dhal varieties