>> Thursday, October 20, 2011 – cardamom pudding, condensed milk pudding, milk pudding, pasta in indian way, pasta kheer, pasta payasam, Pasta pudding, pistachio sweet, rich pasta pudding, saffron pudding, sweet pasta
Hope everybody is busy and enjoying in your kitchen making delicious sweets and savories for Diwali Festival.. Wish you all Advance “Happy Diwali “. This year I am not making much as I am committed with few other works. Here are some sweets and savories which I made for last couple of years for Diwali.
Coming to the recipe..we love pasta in all ways both in sweet and savory. This creamy rich pasta pudding/kheer tastes heavenly with lovely fragrance of cardamom, saffron and nuts. You can savor these both the ways hot or cold. Both taste extremely delicious. Do try it out and have safe Diwali.
Pasta - 3/4 cup
Milk - 3 cups (u can also use 2% milk)
Condensed Milk - 3/4 cup (You can low fat condensed milk as well, if your not sweet toothed just reduce 1 1/2 tbsp from this measurement)
Corn flour - 1/2 tbsp
Cardamom - 3 pods (powdered)
Saffron - 4 strands
Cashewnut - 10 finely chopped
Pistachio - 5 to 6 very finely chopped
Clarified butter or butter - 1/2 tbsp (Both works fine)
1. Cook pasta in boiling water until 3/4 is done.
2. Parallely boil the milk and stir it once in a while to avoid scorching.
3. Once the pasta is cooked 3/4th drain and add them to the boiling milk.
4. Let pasta cook for some time (1/4 has to be cooked in milk now).
5. When pasta is cooked (here the pasta need not be aldente), add the condensed milk.
6. Once it comes to boiling point again, mix the corn flour separately in a bowl by taking little milk from this.
7. Now add the corn flour to the milk pasta mixture. It thickens little bit.
8. Put off the flame.
9. Add the cardamom, crushed saffron strands.
10. Heat the clarified butter/butter in a small pan, roast the chopped cashew nuts.
11. Add it to the pudding now.
12. Garnish with chopped pistachio serve cold or hot.
Try using small size pasta, big ones does not taste good.
Choose any of your favorite shape.