WISH YOU ALL HAPPY TAMIL NEW YEAR !!! - MILK SWEET (PAALKOVA) easy, fat free but delicious. With step Pictures !!!
>> Thursday, April 14, 2011 – easy paalkova, Indian Sweets, Khova, Microwave paalkova, microwave palkova, microwave sweet, Milk sweet, Paalkova, palkhova, Rich milk sweet, Sweet Khoya, sweet mawa, Tamil new year
I wish all my readers and friends " Happy Tamil New year" .
Today's post is a Milk sweet which is called as Paalkova. This sweet is usually prepared by boiling and condensing the milk in the stove top for hours. Even though it is time consuming the end result is super rich and delicious. But I am posting the short cut method of making Paalkova.
If you ask these questions regarding the Paalkova which I am posting today here are the answers
1. Can be made in 15 minutes ? - Yes
2. Will it tastes like original Paalkova that is made authentically - 100% No but 80% yes. Sure will satisfy your craving :)
3. Does it contain any ghee, sugar ? No ghee, Only sugar which is in the Condensed milk
4. Messy Job ? Absolutely not
5. Do you need prior Planning ? No
6. Do you need so many ingredients ? No, Just 5 ingredients
7. Can this be made in low fat milk ? Yes I made this in fat free condensed milk
8. But still will it taste good ? Absolutely yes
9. Should I follow the same method if I use normal Condensed milk other than Fat free Milk - Yes, only slight variation in time and measurement of ingredient. I am posting both the version please take a look in the variation part.
If you have more question please leave a comment.
MILK SWEET (PAALKOVA)
Fat free version/ Low fat version
Yields - 3 scoops in the ice cream scooper
Fat free Condensed milk - 1 tin
Low fat yogurt - 5 tbsp ( Don't use sour yogurt)
Cardamom - 1/4 tsp
Pistachio - few sliced finely
Almonds - few sliced finely
1. Pour the Condensed milk in the microwaveable bowl.( preferably glass and use big bowl as it rises when microwaving)
2. Microwave for 3 minutes , stirring once every minute.
3. Now add 5 tbsp of yogurt. Mix well and microwave for 9 to 10 minutes, stirring every 1 minute.
4. Add the powdered cardamom.
5. Since we are using low fat condensed milk, the sweet will be little bit loose.
6. Now drain them in the strainer, let it sit for 5 minutes, stir it.
7. Now using the whisk, give it a whisk for 2 or 3 times.. don't over do it.
8. Garnish with Nuts.
Serve warm or Cold.
The readiness of the sweet can be seen when the condensed milk is curdled.
If you are using the normal condensed milk tin and full cream yogurt. Follow the same procedure except this...
1. Reduce the yogurt to just 3 tbsp.
2. Microwave only for 4 to 5 minutes after adding yogurt.
3. You need not drain the sweet..as it comes nice and thick.
4. Whisking is optional.. if you are ok with the consistency and texture.
Hope everyone will love this rich sweet which is very simple to make.
Wish you all once again " Tamil Puthaandu Vazhthukaal !!! " .