>> Wednesday, September 7, 2011 – Bread Sandwiches, chaat masala, pan seared Tofu, Pressed tofu, seared tofu with indian spices, spicy tofu, tandoori, Tandoori sandwich, Tandoori tofu, tofu barbecue, Tofu Indian style, yogurt marinade
If you ask me what's the breakfast today? I always end up saying Sandwich or toasts :) Yes almost 300 days of the year our breakfast is Sandwich/toasts; it may be sweet or savory. Off course we love to eat them daily with some variations. I have already posted few sandwiches earlier you can take a look here.....
Creamy Avocado salad/sandwich
Corn toast (You can make either ways closed or open sandwich using this filling)
Red Bean (Rajma) Sandwich
Also I had posted few spreads which can be used a basic filling for making sandwiches
Hopefully will post more...
I have started posting Juices/Smoothies have a look by clicking the side bar or in the link bar..
As requested by friends, I am posting one of our favorite sandwich Tandoori Tofu sandwich. These sandwiches can be packed for breakfast or even lunches. Whenever time permits I will share few more sandwiches from our regular menu. Hope you Enjoy !!!
This is 2 in one post, you can serve Tandoori Tofu as a snack or appetizer and also use it for making sandwiches.
Note : Always keep 2 or 3 spreads ready in the fridge for the whole week to make your job easier.
TANDOORI TOFU SANDWICH
Tofu can be marinated a day in advance and so as the mint pesto, this would be easier for packing.
Firm pressed Tofu - 1 block cut into 4, both horizontally and vertically ( Refer this post)
For Marinade :
Thick yogurt / Hung yogurt - 1/4 cup
Ginger+garlic - 1 tsp
Chilli powder - 1/2 tsp
Kashmiri chilli powder - 1/2 tsp
Garam Masala - 1/2 tsp
Lemon - 1/2 squeezed
Salt to taste
Besan - 2 tsp
oil - to smear or for shallow frying
For Making sandwich :
Bread - wheat or white whichever u prefer.
I used Mint pesto - You can use Mint chutney, coriander chutney ( for pesto see this post, just replace Basil with Mint)
Raw onion - 2 to 3 slices(optional)
Cucumber slices - few
Chaat Masala - little
1. Whisk all the ingredients that are given under the marinade.
2. Apply the paste in the tofu both the sides, cover them and keep refrigerated for minimum 2 hrs or even whole night.
3. Heat a flat pan, smear some oil, roast the Tofu by spraying little oil in low flame.
4. Let them roast on all sides, flip them once in a while.
5. Once they are well roasted on all sides; Remove them garnish with sliced onion, lemon wedges and sprinkle little chaat masala on the top.
If you’re using it for Sandwich then here you go...
You can use griller for making sandwiches by filling everything except cucumber
Follow these steps
1. Toast the breads till golden brown.
2. Apply the chutney/pesto, on one side keep sliced onion, cucumber.
3. Keep the Tandoori Tofu sprinkle little chaat masala, close with other bread which is applied with chutney/pesto.
Now it’s ready to give a big bite.
1.Roasted Gram Flour(Besan) which is used in the marinade helps the masala's stick to the tofu when shallow fried.
2.You can replace Tofu with Paneer and also sliced potato(half cooked).
3.Use non stick pan to get best result and cook in low to medium flame.
4. You need not use much oil.
Do write your queries on this post or any sandwiches. I will be happy to help you :)