>> Monday, September 19, 2011 – beetroot rice, beets rice, colorful rice, easy rice, green peas rice, healthy rice, Lunch menu, lunchbox menu, purple rice, Rice Dishes, Simple meal
Beets and Green peas are wonderful combination for making Curries and Rice. The sweetness in both the veggies gives wonderful taste for the rice. This lunchbox menu can be prepared in no time. If you have not tried yet try this once. I am sure you will love this in ways of both taste and the beautiful color.
Basmati Rice - 1 cup
Beets - 1 (Big size) cut to small cubes
Frozen Green peas - 1/4 cup
Onion -1/2 sliced
Tomato - 1 small size
Garlic - 2 pod
Ginger- 1/4 inch
Whole spices - 1 cardamom, 2 clove, cinnamon 1 small
Saunf -1/2 tsp
Chilli powder - 1/2 tbsp (According to your taste)
Turmeric - 1/4 tsp
Coriander leaves - 1/4 cup finely chopped
Water - 1 1/2 cup (Use water according to the way you cook
Oil - 2 tbsp
Salt as required
1. Heat oil in the pressure pan, add the whole spices.
2. Make paste out of ginger, garlic and saunf.
3. Now add the sliced onion, once it is slightly browned.
4. Add the ground paste. Fry till the raw aroma disappears.
5. Parallely wash the rice with water not more than 2 times, and
let them get soaked while we are frying the veggies.
6. Now add the Tomatoes, chilli powder and turmeric powder.
7. Sauté them till tomatoes are mushy and starts leaving oil.
8. Now add the Beets and sauté for few times.
9. Now add the soaked rice, and 1 1/2 cup boiling water.
10. Check for salt. Close with the lid.
11. Keep the flame in the medium.
12. When the steam starts coming, reduce the flame to very low.
13. Put the whistle. And let them be in the low flame for 10 to 12 Minutes.
14. Mean while Microwave or cook the green peas with little salt separately.
15. After 10 minutes open the lid of the pressure pan, slightly loosen the rice with fork (Don't over mix it), add the green peas and finely chopped coriander.
Serve the colorful, healthy and tasty rice with Raitha of your choice.