I always have stock of sprouts in the fridge, which I used to make curry, salad, rice etc. Today I am posting sprouts rice which is damn healthy, as you all know how much we need to consume these legumes/Beans as a part of our diet. Hope you all will enjoy my healthy meal !!!!! Just take a look at my tip section, like how I use the sprouts in other dishes.
Cooked basmathi rice - 1 cup
Sprouts steamed- 1/4 cup
Mustard - 1/2 tsp
Coriander for garnishing
Enough salt and oil
For spice mixture :
Shallots(small onions) - 8
Garlic - 8 pod
Urad dhal - 1/2 tsp
Channa dhal - 1/2 tsp
Red chilli - 8 or according to your spice level
Curry leaves - few
Asafoetida - little
Tamarind - 1/4 tbsp
Pepper corns - 1/4 tsp
Cummin seeds - 1/4 tsp
Turmeric - little
First roast dhal, redchilli, cummin, pepper corns with little oil. Now saute the onion, garlic , tamarind and curry leaves. Powder the dhal, red chilli, pepper corns and cummin then add other ingredients and coarsely grind. This can be used according to your taste. Leftover can be stored in the fridge for later use.
1. Heat oil in the pan, splutter the mustard. Add the steamed sprouts.
2. Saute until the waters are absorbed. Now add the cooked rice.
3. Add the spice mixture, salt and mix until well blended.
4. When the rice becomes hot, put off the flame and garnish with coriander leaves.
Serve this with your favorite chips and onion raita. Happy eating !!!!
1. Steam the sprouts using pressure cooker or even you can do it in microwave. Don't over cook, as it has to be half cooked only.
1. Other than salad and curry I add sprouts to the Adai batter and make Adais.
2. Topping for oothappam.
3. Add while making fried rice too.
4. Green gram Sprouts vada he he .... its not healthy but once in a while. Will post this recipe and others too soon.
Click to see the salad you can try using sprouts.....
Mung Bean sprout salad