>> Tuesday, January 5, 2010 – Salads
This is one of our favourite salad which I often make at home. It has all the flavours , tastes so good and refreshing, off course colorful too.
Moong dhal - 1/2 cup
Raw mango - 1/4 cup finely chopped
Carrot - 1/4 cup finely chopped
Onion - 1 tbsp finely chopped
Tomato - 1/2 deseeded finely chopped
Cucumber - 1/4 cup finely chopped
Mint leaves - few finely chopped
Coriander leaves - few finely chopped
Curry leaves - finely chopped
Lemon juice - 1 tbsp or according to your taste
Green chilli - 3
Ginger - 1/2 inch
Asafoetida - 2 pinch
Mustard - 1 tsp
Oil - 1 tsp
Salt as required
1. Dry roast the moong dhal in a pan till nice aroma comes and keep it aside.
2. Heat tsp of oil in the pan and splutter the mustard. Make paste of ginger and chillies.
3. Add the asafoetida, now add the ginger chilli paste.
4. Add the curry leaves and add the roasted moong dhal.
5. Now add water so that the dhal should be fully immersed let it cook until the moisture is absorbed.
6.Now add little salt , the dhal should not be mushy.
7. Once it is completely cooled add all other veggies to it and toss with the lemon juice.
8. Garnish with mint and coriander.
Its soooooooooo refreshing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1. You can make same one with black channa and white channa too. But you need to pressure cook them.
2. If you like mild sweet taste you can add chopped green or black grapes too. Tastes awesome.