>> Monday, March 15, 2010 – Kootu/Pachadi or Dhal varieties
No South Indian meal is completed without Kootu, Rasam or Sambar. So this kind of Kootu with Rice, Sambar(Pulusu), Rasam(Chaaru) and Poriyal(Koora) is so comforting and considered as full meal. As we get Protein, Carbohydrates, Vitamins from each dish which are very much required for a day. Hope you all too enjoy this simple yet delicious Cabbage Kootu.
Cabbage - 1 cup ( chopped)
Channa dhal - 2 tbsp
Mustard - 1 tsp
Curry leaves - few
Urad dhal - 2 tsp
Coriander for garnishing
Coconut - 1/4 cup
Roasted gram dhal - 2 tbps
Green chilli - 4
Asafoetida - 1 tsp
Cummin seeds - 1/2 tsp
Turmeric - 1/4 tsp
1. Cook the cabbage in microwave or boil in the stove top, don't drain the water.
2. Cook channa dhal in the pressure cooker while you keep rice.
3. Now grind the above ingredients to fine paste.
4. Now add this paste to the cooked cabbage and channa dhal.
5. Add some water for the required consistency and let it cook for sometime until it thickens and raw aroma disappears.
6. Now season with mustard, urad dhal and curry leaves.
7. Garnish with coriander leaves.
You can replace the cabbage with white pumpkin or even snake gourd.
" I WISH ALL MY FRIENDS HAPPY UGADI "