>> Monday, March 29, 2010 – Desserts
There are infinite number of dishes we can make with crepes. Starting from the appetizer to desserts there ample amount of items you can make, according to your taste and creativity. You can fill it with salad, make pizza crepe, dessert crepe, fruit filling or toppings whatever you like. But my first choice is always dessert, filled with custard cream and with ice cream which is sooooooo delicious and heavenly.. Again the crepe you can make very thin or bit thick whichever way you like. So today is my favorite crepe with custard cream to your visual.
CREPE WITH CUSTARD CREAM
Ingredients you need for assembling:
Your favorite berry or citrus sauce
Fruits to go along with it (optional)
Ingredients for making crepe :
Egg - 1
Sugar - 1 tbsp
Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
Milk- 3/4 cup milk
Salt - a pinch
Melted butter - 1/2 tbsp
Butter - little for making crepes in pan
1. Mix the eggs together with the sugar, vanilla essence and salt in a large bowl.
2. Add the sifted flour.
3. Mix until smooth, without lumps.
4. Add the milk little by little and melted butter mix well.
5. Heat the pan over moderate heat until it is very hot. Brush with little butter.
6. Pour a ladle full of batter . Tilt(rotate as if we do aapam) and move the pan so that the bottom is completely covered with a thin layer of batter.
6. Once it is cooked flip it over to other side till it is set and browned.
7. Proceed making with remaining batter.
8. Now crepes all ready and put it in fridge for just 1/2 or so.
Custard cream filling :
Egg yolk - 4
Flour - 2 tbsp
Vanilla paste or bean(1 scrapped) - 1/2 tbsp
Sugar - 1/3 cup
Whole Milk - 1 cup
Whipping cream- 200ml
Sugar for cream - 1 1/2 tbsp
1. In a bowl whisk yolks and sugar. Add the vanilla and flour. Whisk again.
2. Simmer the whole milk. Now add half or the milk to egg mixture, whisk again for about a minute.
3. Stir the egg milk mixture back to the boiling milk and stir them until it thickens.
4. Remove from heat, transfer to bowl. Cover with cling wrap and refrigerator until cool.
5. Now whip the cream until stiff peaks are formed by adding sugar to it.
6. Now whisk the cooled custard and fold in to the whipped cream and gently mix.
Now for assembling:
1. Place the crepe in a plate , add the custard 2 tbsp of custard cream gently roll.
2. Top with your favorite berry pr citrus sauce and garnish as you like or serve with fruits.
1. You can store your leftover custard cream in the fridge and make fruit desserts next day.
2. For making savory crepes just reduce the amount of sugar.