>> Thursday, April 1, 2010 – Desserts
Mascarpone fresh, rich cow's milk cheese takes different forms with savouries and desserts. Mascarpone with Fruits, Cakes, Jello and as spreads tastes awesome. So this rich cheesy delight taking avatar with jello is here for your visual treat, which is so refreshing with the combination of berry and citrus flavors. Here for making jello I used the instant Jello packets which is made of edible gum not the gelatin which tastes so good and sets fast too.
JELLO WITH MASCARPONE
Two flavors of Jello packets - I used strawberry and orange
For Mascarpone cream mixture U need :
Mascarpone - 3 tbsp
Grated orange peel (zest) - from 1/2 orange
Gelatin- 1 tsp (unflavored)
Sugar - 1 tbsp
Whipped cream - 1/2 cup
1. First prepare the orange flavor jello as per the instruction in the packet and fill the bottom of the glass which you are going to to serve. Once it is set.
2. To prepare mascarpone cream, sprinkle the unflavoured gelatin over 2 tbsp of cold water.
3. Allow it to soften for 10 minutes.
4. Now whisk the mascarpone and mix with orange zest, sugar.
5. Heat the gelatin mixture in microwave for 30 seconds or 50 seconds until all the granules are dissolved.
6. Once it is cooled add this to the Mascarpone cream. Now mix in the whipped cream too.
7. Spoon the mixture in the glass for second layer. Once it is set.
8. Proceed with the another flavor gelatin. For third layer, but it has to be completely cooled. for cooling this jello make sure to stir often until it is completely cooled otherwise it sets easily and fails for the pouring consistency.
9. Once all these layers are set, let is cool for few hours.
10. Then its Dessert Time !!!!!!!
You can set this layers in big dish, make slices and serve with favorite fruits.