>> Monday, April 5, 2010 – Indo-Chinese
Its spring here already, weather is so beautiful. And we are enjoying the weather. Like weather, making food very colorful is also real treat for eyes and good for health too. I planned to do szechuan fried rice, since so many colors of capsicum was there I made the szechuan capsicum rice which tasted so good, as the sweetness of capsicum balanced with spicy szechuan sauce resulted with yummy rice. So here is colorful treats....
SZECHUAN CAPSICUM RICE
Basmati Rice - 1 cup cooked
Capsicum - All colors 1 cup
Onion - 1/4 cup
Celery - 1 stalk chopped
Spring onion - finely chopped 4 sprigs
Red chilli broken - 2
Soya sauce - 1/2 tbsp
Salt for taste
White pepper powder - just for taste
For Szechuan Sauce :
Vinegar - 1 tbsp
Garlic - 2 pod
Red chilli - 2
Shallots - 1
Ginger - 1/4 inch
1. Soak the Red chill in the vinegar for some time and make a paste with other ingredients garlic and ginger.
2. Heat oil in the pan and the broken redchilli, followed by onion, celery and capsicum giving slight toss. Make sure to have the high flame.
3. Slightly saute so that the veggies has to be cooked but should be crunchy and color is not changed.
4. Now add the rice, szechuan sauce, soya sauce, salt and pepper. Give a high toss.
5. Once eveything is blended well add spring onion for garnishing.
Hot and spicy szechaun rice is ready to eat !!!!!!
Adjust the spicy according to your taste.
The texture of the vegetables is very important for taste. So make sure it is cooked but crunchy.
1. Instead of capsicums substitute with vegetables like carrot, cabbage and peas.
2. For making more healthy add the sprouts too.
3. Add scrambled egg, paneer, mushrooms along with veggies for mixed vegetable szechaun rice.