Thin crust, Thick crust, Deep crust Pizza, Bread kind surely mine is always thin crust. With so much topping and bubbling cheese. Who won't love home made pizza ? Yah right this is one of my basic dough recipe for the pizza which I am following for few years and another one is same dough recipe which I posted for white bread, the only difference is while making Pizza you need proof for the second time. You can click here to view the Basic white Bread recipe. The recipe which I am giving now is good to make 15" size pizza if you are making thin crust , but if your choice is thick crust the size reduces by 2 inch.
BASIC PIZZA DOUGH
All purpose flour - 1 1/2 cup ( u can use 3/4 cup bread flour + 3/4 all purpose flour too)
Active dry yeast - 1 tbsp
Warm water (110 degrees F) - 1/2 cup
Extra-virgin olive oil - 1 tbsp
Sugar - 1 tsp
Honey - 1/2 tsp
Salt- 3/4 tsp
Yellow cornmeal for sprinkling the pizza peel
Pizza stone or round baking sheet
1. In a large bowl combine yeast with water, olive oil,sugar, honey and stir well to proof ( means the yeast gets activated). After 5 minutes
2.Add salt to the flour mix well.
3. Now add the flour to the yeast mixture and using fork mix well to form a ball.
4. Use the hands to make a dough , you need not knead so long.
5. Just cover the dough by applying little olive oil and cover using the moist muslin cloth or Kitchen towel.
6. Let it sit for 2 to 2 1/2 hrs so that the dough rises double the size.
7. Now dust the surface with All purpose flour and make the dough to disc shape using the rolling pin. Transfer to the round baking sheet.
8.Preheat oven to 450 degrees F(If you have a pizza stone place it on the bottom rack of the oven).
9. I usually bake the crust in preheated oven for about 5 minutes or until slightly browned.
10. Remove from the oven and spread your favorite sauce and toppings.
11. Spread with your favorite cheese, bake it again until toppings are bubbly and crust is nice golden brown. This may take at least 10 - 12 minutes.
If you are using Pizza stone :
1.Follow the above procedure till 9 then.
2.Transfer dough to a pizza peel and top with toppings of choice.
3.Transfer to the preheated pizza stone and bake until crispy and golden brown, usually 12 to 18 minutes (depending on the toppings).
4.Remove from the oven with a metal peel or spatula and serve immediately.
This sauce will good enough for two 15" pizza.
Tomato crushed - 1 tin ( 1 lb)
Mixed Italian herbs - 2 tsp ( oregano, thyme, basil, rosemary etc)
Tomato ketchup - 1 tbsp
Garlic - 2 pod very finely chopped
Onion - 2 tbsp very finely chopped
Crushed red chilli flakes - 2 tsp or according to spice level
Olive oil - 1 tbsp
1. Heat oil in the pan , add the garlic, onion saute till slight brown.
2. Now add the crushed tomato.
3. Add all other ingredients and let it cook until all the moisture are absorbed.
4. Now put in the blender or soup blender and whip it slightly, don't make it smooth, it has to be chunky.
5. Store in air tight container.
My favorite topping :
Black and Green olives
Green bell pepper