Today I am posting simple white and herb bread. Even though making bread is bit time consuming process we all enjoy having home made stuffs and also it tastes awesome because we do with care, love and dedication. We really enjoy eating home made bread. This is simple breakfast we had on sunday and its here for your ...........
This ingredients yields two loaf of white bread.
All purpose flour - 6 to 6 3/4cups
Warm water - 1/4 cup
Active dry yeast - 1 package
Sugar - 1 tbsp
Warm Milk - 2 cups
Vegetable oil - - 2 tbsp
Salt - 2 tsp
1. Take the warm water in the cup, add yeast and 1 tbsp of sugar stir until dissolved.
2. Let this stand for 15 minutes until it is light colored and bubbly.
3. Pour milk into a large bowl stir in oil, salt, the remaining tbsp sugar and yeast mixture.
4. Sprinkle in 3 cups of the flour, 1 cup at a time, stirring until flour is evenly moistened.
5. Add the 4th cup of flour, 5th and 6 th cup one by one to make dough stiff enough to pull away from sides of bowl.
6. Sprinkle some flour lightly onto board and begin to knead.
7. Knead well by my giving good pressure by pulling towards you in a rolling motion and fold dough almost in half.
8. If dough stick to board, lift dough, scrape board clean, reflour and continue.
9. The longer you spend in kneading the lighter the dough will be.
10.When the dough is nonsticky, smooth the kneading is finished.
11.Put the dough in greased bowl, turn dough over to grease top.
12. Cover the bowl loosely with plastic wrap or damp cloth.
13.Keep it for 45 min to 1 1/2 hr.
14. Test by pushing 2 fingers into dough , if indentations remain dough is ready to shape.
15. Now punch it down and knead dough to release air bubbles, and shape into a smooth oval.
16. With sharp knife divide the dough in half.
17. Shape the doughs by gently pulling top surface toward underside to make top smooth.
18. Put shaped loafs in greased 9 by 5 inch loaf pans.
19. Cover let rise in a warm place until almost doubled for about 45 minutes again.
20. Bake in a preheated 375 f Oven for 35 to 45 minutes or until loafs are nicely browned.
21. When baked they will rise above tops of pans.
22. Turn loafs out onto rack to cool.
23. For one portion of dough I added chopped sun dried tomato and herbs. And continued the same steps from 17.
Use the plain bread for making variety things and use this sundried tomato herb bread for making sandwiches etc.. Tastes awesome.
While you mix the yeast with sugar and water the bubbling tells you that the yeast is active and has not been destroyed by excessively hot water.