>> Wednesday, August 26, 2009 – egg pad thai, pad thai, restaurant style pad thai, sweet and sour noodles, Thai Dishes, thai flat noodles, thai style pad thai, vegetarian pad thai
Pad Thai is authentic and most popular Thai dish and street food in Thailand. It is also most requested or ordered dish in the restaurants too .. We have tasted in many of Thai restaurants and we love it so much . So I started doing at home from that day. It has lovely balanced flavor of sweet, sour and spice taste with crunchy peanuts on top is so wonderful, and adding more sprouts and tofu makes the dish healthy too.
Rice noodles - 1/2 packet ( Called pad thai noodles which is flat or it is also called Banh pho)
Egg - 3
Spring onions - 1/4 bunch chopped 1 inch pieces (green part)
Pickled Radish - few (optional)
Bean sprouts - 1 cup
Tofu - 1 cup cubed
Coriander leaves - few chopped
Lime wedges - 2
For Pad Thai sauce :
Garlic - 2 cloves chopped very fine
Shallots - 1/4 cup chopped finely
Tamarind extract - 2 tbsp
Brown sugar - 1 tbsp
Soy sauce - 2 tbsp
Chili sauce - 1 tbsp
Crushed peanuts - 2 tbsp
Sesame oil - 1 tbsp
Vegetable oil - 1 tbsp
1. Soak the rice noodles in the boiling water for 10 minutes as instructed in the package. Make sure not to over cook the noodles, as it spoils the whole dish.
2.Drain it and wash in the cold water.
3. Now for making sauce heat the pan with that sesame and vegetable oil
4. Add the crushed garlic and onion. Saute till golden brown.
5. Add the sauces, tamarind , brown sugar, salt and cook for some time.
6. Once it is slightly thickened keep it aside.
7. Now in the frying pan add the tofu and roast till you get golden brown.
8. Remove it and keep aside.
9. Add the egg and salt and scramble it , don't over stir it be cos we need
10. Now in a big pan add the rice noodles,sauce, Roasted tofu,Bean sprouts,Green onion, egg and required amount of salt toss well so that everything has to be blended well.
11. Garnish with little coriander and crushed peanuts on the top.
12. Serve hot hot with chilli sauce or pickled chilli and lime wedges.
1. You can adjust the sourness, spice level and sweet according to your taste. The measurement for the sauces which i have given is the way we love. But play and use the amount according to your preference.
2. you can do more sauce store in the fridge and use later too.
3. Since I am vegetarian I substituted soy sauce instead of fish sauce.
4. Since we like mild flavor the noodles look mild brown color.
5. For variation you can also add any veggies of your choice.
6. For lemon grass variation you can also add crushed lemon grass while the sauce is cooking and remove it when it is done. This gives nice lemon grass flavor to the sauce..