Jack fruit is wonderful fruit which has powerful smell and taste like honey. The seed in the jack fruit is also edible and even this jack fruit tender or raw jack fruit young jackfruit is also used for making dishes like gravies, pickle, rice dishes, dry curries and many more. This is one of our favourite briyani and is here for your glance. You can view the Young jack fruit image in this link .
Before proceeding to the recipe here are some nutritional benefits for this fruit
1. It has important nutrients like vitamin C, A, potassium, calcium, Iron, sodium, Zinc. Low in calories too.
2. Common Health benefit of this fruit is its ability to lower blood pressure.
3. Its good for your heart as they prevent hypertension.
4. It aids in healthy digestion and naturally prevent treat the problem of constipation, diarrhea and indigestion. And also preventing the problem of ulcers.
5.Peoples who has the problem of asthma and skin infections should have jack fruits for the natural cure.
6. Good source of vitamin C and helps in strengthening the immune system.
7. Jack fruit can slow down your skin degeneration process, thereby helping you retain your youthful look and radiance for the long time. It posses anti aging properties and also helps in natural treatment of varies skin problems.
8. The juice of this fruit is used as Chinese medicines.
Basmathi Rice - 2 cup
Kathal or Raw Jackfruit - 1 1/2 cup (Chopped medium sized pieces)
Onion - 1 sliced
Tomato - 1/4 cup
Ginger + Garlic paste - 1 tbsp
Curd(Yogurt) - 1 cup
Green chillies - 2 slited
Chilli powder - As required
Any brand biriyani masala or home made masala - 2 tbsp
Mint leaves - 1/4 bunch
Coriander leaves - 1/4 bunch
Lemon - 1/2 squeezed
Salt - As required
Whole spices - cardamom, Cinnamon, Clove 1 each
Water - 3 cups
Ghee - 1 tbsp
For garnishing :
Deep fried onions - 1/4 cup
Roasted cashews - few
Coriander - few chopped finely
1. Wash and Soak the rice in the water for 30 minutes.
2. Now in the pressure cooker or in the heavy bottom vessel heat some oil. Add the whole spices.
3. Add onions and saute till light brown then add ginger, garlic paste.
4. Add tomato once they get mashed well add chopped kathal and green chilli to it.
5. Then add yogurt chili powder, masala powder, lemon, curd one by one .
6. Saute until the oil separates out from this mixture.
7. Now add the chopped mint and half of chopped coriander leaves.
8. Add rice check for salt mix well and then add boiling water.
7. Close the lid and when steam comes out , put the whistle and turn to very low flame and switch it off after 1o minutes. or If you are using the heavy bottom vessel just close with the lid when all the water is absorbed by the rice switch of the flame and after 5 minutes mix slightly with spatula.
8. Once it is done let it set for another 15 to 20 minutes. Now open the lid mix slowly with spatula or fork.
9. Garnish with remaining coriander leaves, onions, cashews and add ghee.
10. Serve with boiled egg and Raita.