>> Wednesday, July 1, 2009 – Breakfast, Chutnies/Thuvayals, Dosa Varieties, Left over dishes, Tiffins
I know many of us have left over rice everyday or at least 4 days a week instead of throwing it just use for making these type of dosas, are the idli which I posted earlier really they taste so yummy. Today I am posting Annam dosa (Rice dosa) which will be so tasty with any spicy chutnies since this dosa has no spices, it suits with sambar, gravies(kurma), chutneys. Today I am posting 2 variation in this dosa another one I will post later. Coming to the Beets chutney so healthy tastes yummy too.. Try it out and let me know.
Idli rice - 1/2 cup
Raw rice - 1/2 cup
Left over rice - 1 cup
Urad dhal - 3 tbsp
Fenugreek seed - 1 tsp
Salt as required
1. Soak the rice, dhal and fenu greek for few hours and grind along with leftover rice to smooth batter.
2. Ferment it overnight . The consistency should be slightly looser than normal dosa batter.
3. Heat the skillet. Add the ladle full of batter and add tsp of oil all around and close with lide.
4. Once the upper part is cooked and down part gets crispy remove from the skillet and serve with any favourite chutnies.
5. Even you can flip it over and make crispy dosas too.
6. Dosas can be made thinner and crispier too. Do according to your wish.
Chopped onion - 1 cup
Finely chopped deseeded chillies - 2 or even you can grind
Coriander leaves - few chopped
Mustard seasoning - 2 tsp
Curry leaves - chopped finely
1. Mix everything with the batter and make crispy dosas.
BEETS CHUTNEY :
Beets chopped - 1 cup
Green chilli - 3 or according to spice level
Tamarind pulp - 1 tbsp
Garlic - 1 pod
Urad dhal and mustard - 1 tsp
Curry leaves few
Salt and oil for seasoning
1. Heat oil in a frying pan and add all the ingredients(beets,green chilli and garlic) saute until they change slight brown color.
2. Grind to fine paste adding salt and tamarind.
3. Season with mustard, urad dhal and curry leaves. Add the ground paste and cook for few seconds and transfer to the serving bowl.
1. For idli or these types of dosas make this chutney little spicy.
2. Beets can be substituted by carrot too. But add red chilli for carrot chutney.
3. Add onion while frying beets for another variation.