I know many of us used to do banana walnut bread if banana is so ripen and its almost everyone favorite menu. It can be had for breakfast or served as a dessert with ice cream too. Some time I used to toast and top with drizzle of honey. Taste so yummy and this is one of my version of banana bread. For your glance............
Banana - 2 cups ripen ( 2 bananas approximately)
All purpose flour - 1 3/4 cups
Sugar - 3/4 cup
Butter - 1/2 cup
Baking soda - 1 tsp
Baking powder - 1 tsp
Eggs - 2
pinch of salt
Yogurt - 1/2 cup
Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
Walnuts - 1 cup
1. Mix the dry ingredients flour,baking powder and baking soda and keep it aside.
2.Whisk the butter and sugar together then add the egg beat well.
3. Add the yogurt ,vanilla essence and banana.
4. To this add the flour whisk well without lumps.
5. Add the chopped walnuts and bake in greased loaf pan in preheated 350 f oven for about 6o minutes. Check with knife or tooth pick inserted in the middle. If comes out clean its perfect.
6. Cool and slice it for serving.
1. I some time add 2 tbsp of cocoa powder or choc chips for variation.
2. You can add fresh or dried blueberries too.
3. Add raisins with some other nuts.