I usually do corn bread by adding just corn kernels, onion, coriander and olives. But I tasted it with bell peppers when I went to my relatives place for vacation. It tasted great !! so tried adding bell peppers and it was awesome. Its here for your glance. And if you have more veggies in your fridge this is right soup you can try too. Soup, some accompaniment served with some salad is wonderful healthy dinner. We enjoyed it yesterday its here for you too.....
CORN BREAD :
Yellow corn meal - 1 cup
All purpose flour - 1 cup
Baking powder - 2 tsp
Soda bi carbonate - 1/2 tsp
Milk - 1/3 cup
Butter - 1 tbsp melted
Olive oil - 2 tbsp
Yoghurt - 1 cup
Sugar - 1/4 tbsp
Salt - 1/2 tbsp
White onion - 1/2 chopped finely
Corn kernels - 1/4 cup
olives - 4 chopped finely
Bell peppers (yellow,red,orange) - chopped finely 1/4 cup
Coriander - less then 1/4 bunch chopped finely
1. Whisk egg and add the corn meal, flour with the baking powder and soda.
2. Mix well with all other ingredients one by one.
3. Add the veggies and mix well.
4. Pour the batter in the rectangular dish dusted with butter and flour.
5. Bake it in preheated 400 f temperature oven for at least 40 to 45 minutes or until it is baked. check with a knife or tooth pick inserted in the middle. If clean bread is perfect.
6. Cool in the wired rack and cut into cubes or desired shape you need.
7. Serve with hot soup.
SUMMER VEGETABLE SOUP
Ingredients : All these vegetables mixed - 2 cups
Carrot Beans Zucchini Peas Cauliflower Red bell pepper Onion
Tomato paste - 3 tbsp
Garlic - 1 pod
Italian dried herbs - few Coriander few for garnishing
Rosemary fresh - a small sprig (optional)
Salt Pepper for taste
1. All vegetables should be chopped into cubes. Have 2 cups of mixed veggies.
2. Heat oil in frying pan , add the grated garlic.
3. Add the veggies in this order one by one carrot, beans, onion.
4. Add the zucchini and cauliflower. Pour 2 cups water and cook until veggies are done.( Do not overcook)
5. Add the tomato paste and red bell pepper. Let it cook for some time now add salt, pepper and dried herbs.
6. Garnish with coriander and rosemary. Discard the rosemary while serving.
1. This is thin clear soup which is healthy with more vegetables.
2. If you need thick soup you can add cornstarch to this too.
3. You can use MW to cook the veggies too. Do not overcook the veggies it spoils the taste of the soup. It should be crunchy.