If you are pasta lover with both white and red sauce try both together in same dish. It tastes so yummy and mushroom, carrots and tomato gives good flavor to the sauce. This is one of our favorite pasta.. so I am sharing with all of you.
Pasta of your choice - 2 cups
White sauce - 1/2 cup
Red sauce - 1/2 cup
Parsley for garnishing
Parmesan cheese grated - 1/4 cup
Red chilli flakes
White sauce :
Butter - 1 tbsp or Olive oil - 1 tbsp (If calorie conscious)
All purpose flour - 2 tbsp
Milk - 1/2 cup
Salt Pepper Dried Italian herbs - 1 tsp
1. First to make white sauce heat butter or olive oil in frying pan.
2. Add the flour and saute till it is roasted or changes to very very mild brown color.
3. Add milk and whisk constantly so that lumps should not be formed.
4. When it starts thickening add the salt, pepper and dried herbs.
5. Keep it aside in low flame.
Red sauce :
Mushroom - 1 cup chopped fine
Tomato crushed - 1 small tin (or 2 blanched, deseeded and pureed)
carrots - 1/4 grated
Pepper , chili powder - 1 tsp
Garlic - 1 pod grated
Onions - 1/2 cup
Tomato paste - 1 tbsp (I add store bought one or if you don't have leave it)
Celery - 1/4 cup
Mixed dried Italian herbs - 1 tsp
1. Heat oil in the frying pan add mushroom saute till golden brown.
2. Add the onion, grated garlic, carrots, celery one by one. saute till they all are golden brown.
3. Add the herbs and spice powders.
4. Add the tomato paste and crushed tomato add water and let it simmer to the desired consistency.
5. Now add the chopped basil. Keep it aside while we cook pasta.
Cooking Pasta :
1. Boil water in the big vessel add some salt. Add the pasta and cook until it is done.
2. Now add this pasta to the white sauce and toss well.
1. Spread the pasta tossed in white sauce.
2. In the top add red sauce how much your require.
3. Top with the grated Parmesan cheese.
4. Garnish with parsley.
5. Serve hot to enjoy the full flavor.