>> Monday, January 24, 2011 – chinese vegetable noodles, chings soy sauce, Chings vegetable noodles, healthy noodles, Indo-Chinese, vegetable hakka noodles, vegetable noodles restuarant style
Hope everyone had wonderful weekend !!! Vegetable Noodles almost every one's favorite which I am posting today is little different from other posts. Yes I am posting it with stepwise pictures. I am not much interested in posting step pictures, it does not mean that I don't like it ..I love to do so. Sure it will be helpful for others. But more than that I love to play with food styling and photography. So if I want to concentrate in both step pictures and styling it is surely time consuming process. Since some friends requested for step pictures for few dishes. I am going post stepwise only for those dishes. Ok coming to the recipe I always use ching's Noodles particularly for making vegetable noodles and chopsuey. Always my fridge will be filled with few ching's sauces like Dark soy, chilli vinegar, Green chilli sauce. This Noodles and sauces are my very very favorite one and I am using this for so many years and always keep them in stock :)
The most important thing while making this noodles is the vegetable should be Julienned evenly it should not be so thin or so thick. Sauteing the vegetable plays important role..Don't over fry it. It should be crisp and the color should not be changed in the end product. Adding Ajinomoto is absolutely optional. It enhances the taste as well as maintain the color of the veggies. But I did not add. Here comes the recipe...
Noodles - 1 packet (Egg/Vegetarian)
Water - 6 to 7 cups
Carrot - 1 big Julienned
Beans - 10 Julienned
Cabbage - 1/2 cup Julienned
Capsicum - 1 medium size Julienned
Celery - 1 stalk Julienned ( absolutely optional but this gives wonderful flavor and aroma)
White onion - 1/2 sliced
Spring onion - 2 stalk sliced
Sauce and spices :
Dark soy sauce- 1 tsp
Green chilli sauce - 1/2 tsp ( optional but I love this , if u don't have just increase the amount of pepper powder)
Vinegar - 1/2 tsp
Ajinamoto - 1/4 tsp ( optional)
White pepper powder - 1/2 tsp
Black pepper powder- 1/4 tsp
Salt - as required
Garlic - finely chopped - 1 tbsp
Oil - 3 to 4 tbsp
Garnish using spring onion .
1. Cook the noodles in the big pot of boiling water by adding tsp of salt and tsp of oil.
2. Check a noodle by pinching . If it is hard let it cook for few more minutes. This will take atleast 6 minutes.
3. Now pour this in the colander. Show this in the running tap water to remove all the starch. So that they will not stick with each other.
4. While doing this parallely heat oil in the wok.
5. Add the crushed garlic and follow adding veggies in this way.
6. First add beans, saute for 2 seconds, followed with carrot and onion saute for few seconds. Keep the flame in high till you finish everything.
7. Now add celery, saute for a second, followed by Capsicum and Cabbage give a nice toss. If you want to add Ajinomoto add in this stage.
8. Add the cooked noodles, Soy sauce, Vinegar.
9. Add Green chilli sauce, salt and 2 pepper powders.
10. Now toss it in high flame until everything is well blended and hot.
12. Put of the flame, add the spring onion.
Serve piping hot !!!
1. Keep the flame in high from start to end. Once everything is ready it just takes 5 to 6 minutes for the whole process. So keep an eye in the wok as we are doing the whole thing in high flame.
Enjoy tasty and delicious hot hot Noodles !!!