Clafoutis, sometimes in Anglophone countries spelled clafouti, is a baked french dessert of black cherries arranged in a buttered dish and covered with a thick flan like batter. The clafoutis is dusted with powdered sugar and served lukewarm.
This is totally easy and wonderful dessert or breakfast. You can make this clafoutis with any Berries, Pear, Apple or any of your favourite fruits. You can serve this clafoutis hot, in room temperature or even cold. I personally like warm. It is soooooo delicious and one good thing about this is no butter except that we use for greasing the dish. Mmmmmmm go ahead and enjoy my Clafoutis here.....
Whole milk - 1 1/4 cups
Sugar - 1/2 cup
Eggs - 3
vanilla Extract - 2 tsp
Flour - 1/3 cup
Almond flour - 3 tbsp
pinch of salt
Cherries Pitted - 2 cups
Melted butter - 1 tbsp for greasing the dish
Icing sugar - Just for dusting
1) Preheat your oven to 350 f. Butter the inside of a medium-sized baking dish you can use glass or ceramic too. Place the cherries in the dish.
2) Beat the eggs and the 1/3 cup of granulated sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
3) Add the flours and whisk until just combined and no lumps.
4) Pour over cherries and bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
5) Sprinkle remaining sugar over the custard and return to the oven for 10-15 minutes. Serve warm by dusting icing sugar.
1. The Clafoutis will puff up in the oven and sink back once it is cooled.
2. Since we use cherries in this recipe the water from them oozes out so baking time will be more compared to other fruits.
3.If you are using other fruits like pear reduce the baking time by 10 minutes or bake until the custard is set.
4.You can use cream instead of whole milk for rich taste or half whole milk and half cream. Either ways it taste good.