>> Monday, February 1, 2010 – Legumes/Bean
Salad, Nuts, Fruits and Legumes are perfect choices for healthy snacking. Sundal can be made using dhal, legumes, beans by adding different combination of spices. Even it tastes yummy with simple seasoning too. Today is one of my favourite combo of ingredients in the sundal list. I always mix the colors while making sundal because of taste, colors and offcourse its so healthy too. This one is mixture of three color channa.
You can view another sundal variety here.
Channa all colors - 1/4 cup each
Mustard - 1 tsp
Urad dhal - 2 tsp
Curry leaves - few
Asafoetida - 1/4 tsp
Onion - 1/2 cup finely chopped
Lemon - 1 tsp (depending on the sourness of tomato adjust the sourness of lemon)
Coriander - few for garnishing
Turmeric - little (optional)
Shredded Coconut - 2 tsp
Oil and salt
Ginger - 1/2 inch
Green chilli - 4 or as required
Saunf - 1 tsp(optional)
1. Soak the channa overnight. And pressure cook by adding salt.
2. Drain the water which can be used for making rasam which is so so tasty.
3. Now heat oil in the pan, add mustard, urad dhal and curry leaves.
4. Now add the asafoetida, onion and saute till it turns transparent.
5. Now add the ground paste and turmeric.
6. Add the channa and lemon juice, add salt.
7. Add the coconut, mix well so that the masala is well blended, garnish with chopped coriander ......Yummy Healthy dish ready !!!!!
Same recipe can be used for fresh green peas, Butter beans(Tastes so good), Rajma and Green gram too.